Hello and welcome to EDK!
I’m Ericka, kettlebell instructor, strength coach, fitness lover and owner of EDK Training in Minneapolis, MN.
How did I get hooked on kettlebell training and why does EDK exist?
Ten years ago, I tried my first kettlebell class and I had no clue what I signed up for! I was at a point in my life where I needed a change and I wasn't quite sure what would keep me consistent (we've all been there, right?). Bring in the bells... I had never experienced a class environment so challenging, inviting and encouraging. I was completely sold on kettlebell training after only a couple classes and it changed my life. From corporate desk job to strength coach, I switched career-gears entirely and began instructing classes and training private clients after four years. I was already passionate about my own training, but I also developed a strong passion for coaching. I wanted to help others embrace the inspiring and rewarding transformation for themselves. Kettlebell training and coaching has lead me to more educational opportunities and further self-development, certifications, involvement in fantastic communities with individuals who give back (and love sharing their knowledge) and the creation of EDK.
I have trained and assisted under the most knowledgeable kettlebell, barbell and movement gurus and I continually follow the guidance of my mentors, thankful for their wisdom. I draw upon my own training experiences to bring a refreshing sense of reality to my clients; the focus is on your safety and fitness objectives. I watch, analyze and correct. As your coach, I am hands-on – helping you reach goals you may not have thought you could reach and celebrating with you as you continue to progress. Over the years, I have developed a niche coaching structure and my progression-based instruction style is the reason why EDK Training came to be. At the EDK studio, we are a strong, supportive crew and the vibe always brings me back to those days when I first started my strength training journey!
WHO I AM
- Certified strength coach with 10 years training experience
- StrongFirst Level 2 Kettlebell certified instructor (SFGII) – VIEW INSTRUCTOR PROFILE
- StrongFirst Barbell certified instructor (SFL) – VIEW INSTRUCTOR PROFILE
- StrongFirst • Strong Endurance™ Seminar with Pavel Tsatsouline (13hr Instruction Attendee)
- Russian Kettlebell Challenge certified instructor (RKC) – VIEW INSTRUCTOR PROFILE
- National Academy of Sports Medicine certified personal trainer (NASM-CPT)
- Functional Movement Specialist (FMSC) – VIEW SPECIALIST PROFILE
- Assistant SFG Level II Certification Instructor
- Assistant SFL Certification Instructor
- Assistant RKC Level I Certification Instructor
WHAT I DO
KETTLEBELL • BARBELL • RESISTANCE • STRENGTH + ENDURANCE TRAINING
- Individualized instruction and personal training
- Classes and small group training
- Off-site company and employee training
- Slow progression and modified instruction
- Coaching through physical limitations and muscular imbalances
- Injury recovery assistance
- Functional movement assessments
- Deliver a realistic approach to fitness objectives for
long-term, sustainable wellness
- Lend motivational guidance – enhancing the ability to succeed!
When I’m not coaching, training or continuing my education (always a student), I spend my time designing and marketing – primarily EDK emails and social media promotions! You will likely spot me running around the lakes in Minneapolis, practicing yoga, at a live music venue or nerding out with my laptop at a local coffee shop or craft brewery!
I look forward to meeting and connecting with you!
FIND ME ON INSTAGRAM @edktrainingmn
Content © 2018 EDK Training LLC • Ericka Darst